Playtime & Learning!

I realized that it had been a while since I had posted any kind of weekly wrap-up. I thought I would show you some of the fun that we have been having! 

I discovered Konos this past month. The kiddos and I are in love! We do not follow it "by the book." We use it more as a resource of fun-schooling activities for when we hit a dry spell in our learning. It is so full of great ideas. The kiddos are loving the Castle, Knights, Kings, and Queens! This weekend we will be shopping local thrift stores to start getting fabric to make our costumes for a Medieval Feast!


My friend, Amanda, came over last week and we were making necklaces together. Sister loved seeing our creations and asked if she could make her own necklace and bracelets too. Of course! Out came the beads and string. The boys even joined in on the creating.


Popper has been very interested in making stop-motion videos lately. He has been playing around on an old phone with an app and Stik Bots. This week we received the Obild+Animate AnimateIt! Studio Kit as part of a future review. This kit allows him to do more and to use the computer with a web camera. Here is a sneak-peak at one of his very first videos that he created using his kit:


I know it is super short, but he was so proud of it! I thought I would share it! I can't wait to see more as he gets more familiar with the camera and how the program works! He even let Brother Bear try out the new camera as well. I love seeing them work/learn together!


We have been enjoying unusually warm weather this month. It has given us ample time to be outside soaking in the sunshine. We have also been learning about light. The kiddos all really enjoyed playing with the prisms and learning about spectrum. I have a fun rainbow craft for them to do Monday when we are stuck inside because of rain!


Sister has been busy catching as many Rolly Pollies (Pill Bugs) as she possibly can! She carries them around with her all day long.

Our days are full of play! Isn't that the best way to learn? I know that I am learning so much from my kiddos now, more than I ever dreamed possible!
Popper is sharing all kinds of knowledge with me about nature. Anytime he is curious about an animal, weather, or plants, he will get on his Kindle, find a book about it (videos are blocked) and read until he finds the answer! What better way to learn than through genuine curiosity!




Comments

Popular Posts