Help Meet or Constant Dripping?



Is this how it is in your home?
 This is the way that it should be!

 I am ashamed to say that there are a lot of times that my husband is ready to go back to work minutes after getting home. I am often so tired from a long day of cleaning, schooling, changing diapers and dealing with 3 kids under 5, that I snap when I finally have him home.

Proverbs 19:13 says
 " a quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping."

I am sad to confess that some days this verse very much describes me. I am so focused on me and what I need. I find things to argue and fuss about.
Proverbs 31:12
"She brings him good, not harm, 
all the days of her life."

I like this verse much better! I want to bring my husband good. I want him to be glad to come home to our family. 

I am so thankful that God has given me a husband that loves me and is forgiving.

Father, 
Please help me to be a help meet to my husband. 
Help me to bring him good and not harm. 
Please forgive me for the times that I am quarrelsome. 
Thank you for my husband and the blessing that he is to my family!
 Help me to honor him. 
In Jesus name, 
Amen 



Comments

  1. HI Michelle! I had to smile at the part about your husband wanting to turn around...I have been where you are, that's for sure. And I only had two kids. It's hard to balance it all, and put on a sunny face besides.

    Your prayer is perfect, and God will help you!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid the constant dripping shows too often in my attitude - thank you for the encouragement and your prayer. It's the perfect thing for me to begin and end my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I am glad that you were encouraged!
      God Bless You!

      Delete
  3. This is speaking to my heart - through a megaphone. Thanks for the reminder. My husband & I are in a rough season of our marriage, and some of it is because I was that continual dripping in the earlier years. Praise the Lord for His patience as He works on us :)

    I'm visiting from the Hope in Every Season link-up!
    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I understand the megaphone! God has to use them on me all too often! Bless you for your honesty. I will be praying for you and your husband. Remember, seasons aren't forever. God Bless You!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts