Amazing Love by K. Dawn Knight- A Review

Frustrated is exactly how I would describe my feelings as I read through this romantic book by K. Dawn Byrd. A modern day story about Hosea and Gomer. If you know this Bible story, you know that this love story is not going to be a pretty one.

About this Book: 
Gabe Knight, a pastor in a small coastal town, finds his life is turned upside down when Dee Dillow arrives and hires him to remodel an estate she's inherited from her aunt. Dee dashes his plans for wedded bless when on a drunken binge, she divulges that she's the highest paid call girl in Nevada and part-owner of the ritziest brothel in the state.
Gabe falls in love with her, but can't believe he's hearing the voice of God when a still, small voice tells him to marry her. After much questioning, they marry and he is deliriously happy. Until, Dee betrays him.

My Thoughts: Most of the time that I was reading this book I spent internally yelling at Dee! I am not gonna lie, I wanted to strangle her! The more I read, the more aggravated I became.  Then the realization hit me, this book is exactly how we I treat my Father sometimes. My heart softened after that! I rooted for Dee from the depths of my heart! I wanted so badly for her to do what was right.  
This book was a great reminder of how far God will go to get our attention.  

You can get your copy on Amazon.




Comments

Popular Posts