Midnights With Jesus

Oh, I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this series! My friend Callie over at Mama's Coffee Shop had this brilliant idea! So many of us mamas are not morning people. We simply survive of a morning. We are more alert at night, after the kids are in bed.  For years I had extreme mom-guilt over not doing my quiet time first thing of a morning. I would literally beat myself up all day because I felt like a failure. One day, God brought Psalm 63:6 to my attention. It simply says


"On my bed I remember You. 
I think of You through the hours of the night."

Through this verse God revealed to me that He simply wanted me to seek Him. I spent a lot of time in prayer over this. There are so many moms out there that do get up before their kids and husbands and spend time with God. If that is you, FANTASTIC! Good for you! I wish I could, or at least I use to.
I tried, I really did, but I just couldn't do it. Every time I would set my alarm for earlier, the littles would wake-up earlier and I was that much grumpier. You see, I am a night owl. I am usually awake until 1am. Naturally, it makes sense that, since this is my quietest time, I spend it seeking Jesus! 
I believe that by doing this, I am giving Him my best. I am no longer falling asleep on my Bible or during prayer. I am retaining what I am reading. I am getting real prayer time. I am ending my day with my very best friend! That is what this is all about!

You are invited to join me! Hop on over to Mama's Coffee Shop and download the pdf of the verses. We will be starting on January 31st. I would absolutely love for you to join us. If you blog, link up with us!  We will be journaling about our journeys and how God is using our midnights to grow us and to draw us closer to Him! I can't wait to get started! 



Comments

  1. I will join you for this and the link up. I am definitely NOT an early morning mama either. But, my "late night" is more like 10:30pm. In any case, I'm in. God bless you! Visiting from Homemaking Link Up. My site is www.conversationrevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love knowing that God is available to hear from us any time of the day or night! The other night, I couldn't go to sleep. So, I prayed myself to sleep. It was actually really sweet.

    Sounds like a great series you all are starting!
    I found your today on Raising Homemakers.
    Hope you have a blessed day~
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts