One Word

While attending Life.Church I was introduced to the concept of one word. Each new year Pastor Craig Groeschel challenges the staff and congregation to pray for God to give them one word to focus on throughout the year. 


creativelycrunchymom.blogspot.com


Last year is the first year that I participated. My word for the year was consistency, my verse Galatians 6:9. I feel like I fell so short of what I wanted this year concerning consistency. I really struggled in prayer this morning over whether or not to try a new word this new year. 
When I finally checked Facebook this morning I was encouraged by someone posting 2 Corinthians 12:9 
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, 
my power is made perfect in weakness..."

Those words were exactly what I needed to hear. I knew that I would again pursue one word. 

I know that I may fall short again, but that doesn't mean that I just quit. I want to continue striving to be more like Him. He is making me into the person that He wants me to be!

I am so grateful that in my weakness, His power is made perfect! 

I am continuing to pray and seek God for the one word He wants to use to stretch and teach me this year! I'll let you know what it is.

I challenge you to join me in this journey. Let me know what word you choose. 

Comments

Popular Posts