My Early Learning Box- A Review

I got the privilege to spend a weekend running The Thinking Tree booth at our local convention last month. While there I was able to look around at all the wonderful curriculum and vendors from all over. I loved getting to meet all the people and see all the beautiful choices. I realized how blessed we are in the homeschooling world. How did moms before us do this with out all these amazing choices?

We all know that I am a curriculum junky, but seriously, I found the best thing in early education at convention, My Early Learning Box. Their motto: 'Ready, Set, Let's Play' sums up everything that an early learning curriculum should include! Creating a world of fun, play, and discovery! Can you say FUN-Schooling!?!!!!!



There are 10 different categories of learning that are included in the box:
-Small Motor
-Large Motor
-Science 
-Math
-Art
-Shapes
-Sensory 
-Books
-Social 
-Alphabet

After spending several years in Occupational Therapy with Popper, I longed for a way to bring some of those activities home do use regularly with him, Brother Bear, and Sister. This box has many of those same activities included. While I do not feel that this should ever take the place of traditional therapy (it wasn't created to). I do feel this would be a fantastic supplement for moms who's kiddos need a little extra at home. 


The box includes a wide variety of activities to help make learning fun! Brother Bear enjoyed drawing in his 'All About Me' book. I enjoyed this time spent one-on-one with him. Over the last year, he has really become his own person. He no longer likes everything that B and Popper like. I loved getting to sit with just him and talk about his stuff! It was a great time for both of us.


The fine motor activities are great. Sister and Brother Bear liked building different faces with the felt shapes. It was a neat way to allow their creativity to come out. The kiddos enjoy them so much that they don't realize that it is helping them develop those skills.


This science activity was very informative even to me! Each kid had different things that they thought smelled good and bad. It was neat to see how different these two actually are!




Our all time favorite activity in the box is the 'How Do I Feel?' cards. I loved that it really helped them identify with how they would feel in different situations. It has also helped them to use the phrase "I'm feeling...." when explaining to me about a situation. It has helped us in being able to identify triggers to some of Brother Bears meltdowns. 

I love My Early Learning Box. The littles beg to do 'their school' all the time. They really enjoy the fun activities that are geared towards their learning ability! On the backs of the learning cards there is an Easy Play and an Advanced Play option. I am really excited about these. This will allow this box to grow with my littles. There is so much more for them to discover and explore with this box! 

You can get your child their very own box by visiting their website. Just click on the image below: 








Comments

Popular Posts