Beginning the Journey...



We are beginning our journey this month, but I am sure that her journey began before we even signed our fist form. We started training last week; I wonder what she was doing? We bought a bed yesterday, I wonder where she slept last night? Sister picked out a pink stuffed dog especially for her, I wonder what she held onto last time she was scared?

I am not sure where she is or what her life is like right now. I don't know what her life story is or when our path will cross. I do know that when we get that call, we will be ready. Ready to give her love and support, to pray with her and help her heal. We will be there as a support for her family, to show them the love of Jesus. Our family is already preparing. We are praying for her and her family even today. 

I wish there wasn't a need for foster care. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be, but this isn't a perfect world. This is a broken world in desperate need of Jesus. We believe that we have a calling to share the love of Jesus with people. Our specific calling is to the children and families in the foster care system. 


I ask that you keep us in your prayers as we start this journey. Pray for the children and families that we encounter. Pray that Thomas, the children, and I would be able to share the love of Jesus with them. 



Comments

Popular Posts