Catching Up!

To say that life has been crazy lately would be an understatement. I figured I should pop-in and give a little update on our lives.

Two weeks ago my sweet niece and nephew came to visit from out of town for the day and we took all the kiddos to the zoo. I never did get all of them in one picture, but I was able to capture some very precious memories being made!



When we returned home we found that our plumbing had completely backed up from a clog. Daddy T and B to the rescue! They spend all night Saturday and most of the day Sunday finding and unclogging the pipes. I am so grateful to my guys for working so hard to fix this major problem! (and saving us money by doing it themselves!)



We have almost finished up our main school for the year. We are pairing down to just a few basics for the summer including an upcoming review that we are all enjoying and excited to share with you soon:



My quiet time has been a bit challenging lately. I have been going through a study by Melissa Spoelstra called "Jeremiah: Daring to Hope in an Unstable World." With us beginning the foster care journey, where everything is unstable and changes sometimes hour by hour, I thought it was appropriate. 
Our case has been moving more slowly than I had thought or hoped that it would. However, God is using this time to definitely show Himself to me in a real way. Last weeks lesson: Surrender. That was a tough one:



We received word Friday that we will be signing our contract this week and officially opening our door to a placement. That reality has been a tough one for me this Mother's Day. Realizing that as we welcome a child/children into our lives, it is because a family has been torn apart. I am having to remind myself why we are opening our home. Daddy T reminded me today that this is what God has called us to do. We are to step in and walk along side these children and their parents as they work to rebuild their lives and restore their families. That responsibility is very real to me right now. Surrender is definitely a word that I need more practice with!


So, that is what has been happening for the last two weeks here in the Crunchy Household. I am looking forward to the summer break for the first time ever (we usually school year round). I think we need the break this year!
I pray that you are having a great end of year! Finish strong Momma! You are almost there! 

Comments

Popular Posts