Reading Eggs- A Review

Reading Eggs
I have a mom confession to make: I hate teaching reading! I know that is an awful thing to say, but I'm trying to be honest. I have tried so many different programs to teach my children to read. Each one would teach them a little more, but we always seemed to hit a wall. I was so exhausted. I knew something had to change. I really didn't want to use an online program, but I had just received a 4 week free trial to Reading Eggs in my email. I decided I would at least try it for that time or until I could find something else.That was over a year ago, and we haven't looked back! This became a perfect fit for our family.

Reading Eggs had four different programs that your children can work through: Reading Eggs Junior for ages 2-4, Reading Eggs for ages 3-7, Reading Eggspress for ages 7-13 or grades 1st- 6th, as well as MathSeeds. 

Reading Eggs*

Brother Bear is the one that I needed the program for the most. He had a really hard time learning beyond a certain point. With Reading Eggs I no longer have to fight him to work on reading. The best part is that he enjoys his lessons and is comprehending so much. He has started reading beginning readers. He loves his new found independence! I love seeing the light bulb moments when he successfully sounds out a new word or reads a new book.



After you log into your account, this is the main page that you see. I love that you can review each child progress individually. Here you can see there are 4 different areas for your child to use for learning.




Once you click on a child's profile, this is the landing page. They can choose to work on the next lesson or read books that are on their level. 




The lessons are filled with colorful animations and creative characters that walk the kiddos through each new concept. There are games that help the student reinforce the new letter or blend that they are learning. The program includes books that the student can read using the new found concepts.
 

They just added new layouts for homeschool programs that show how you can use Reading Eggs and all its different programs as a complete school experience. There are also free printable worksheets for each lesson to help reinforce what the kiddos learned during their online lesson. 



Each lesson has 6 worksheets that help with handwriting, phonics skills, and reading comprehension. This is one of my favorite things about the Reading Eggs program because it allows me to see just how much the kiddos are learning through their lessons. 

This program is such an amazing resource for any homeschool classroom. I have even allowed Popper to use Reading Eggspress to help improve his reading comprehension and language arts. You can get a 4 week free trial by clicking the link below:

Reading Eggs
Reading Eggs

You can connect with Reading Eggs online:
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
YouTube
Instagram: (handle) readingeggs



Other members of the Crew also received a 6 month subscription to Reading Eggs. You can read about their experiences by clicking the link below:

Reading Eggs
Crew Disclaimer

Comments

Popular Posts