A Whole New World.

It's that season, at least that was the excuse that I was telling myself as Sister became sick and wasn't seeming to get better. I was at a loss. I didn't want to run her to the doctor, especially with the flu being at an all time high, for it to be a virus that needed to just run it's course. She was drinking plenty of water and still eating. I just oiled her up and made sure that she was sleeping. 

She slept well. Except that my independent girl was now ending up in my bed every night. I didn't understand what was going on. And so, 2 nights ago, when I was awaken at 3am with Sister crawling into my bed again, I began to really pray. I pleaded with the Lord to give her healing and me wisdom (James 1:5) as to what to do for my girl. I just didn't have a peace about going to the doctor yet. 

The next morning, or later that morning since sleep never came, I knew what I needed to do! Daddy T and I loaded all the kiddos up and went to the chiropractor. I believe that a good adjustment will help bodies be able to better fight sickness. Then, I made a decision that I never dreamed that I would make, I took my whole family to a naturalist doctor. 

Now, I know the whole crunchy term should imply that, but if I am honest, this process of becoming crunchy still had its limits for me. This was one of them. See, I believe in doctors and antibiotics, when needed, I also believe in all- natural when able. A naturalistic seemed extreme to me. I am so thankful for my time in prayer that morning as the Lord was able to prepare me for the series of events that were about to unfold.

The doctor was AMAZING! She was patient, kind and really listened to me! She saw us all quickly and commented on the overall health of our family. However, there were a few concerns: food allergies. 

I already cut out artificial dyes and MSG. Lately, I have been avoiding dairy like the plague because it makes me fell awful. However, nothing but lots of prayer and processing could prepare me for the news: 
Sister is allergic to: wheat, corn, dairy and sugar! 

This explained so much. Here I was feeding my daughter the very stuff that was making her sick to begin with: yogurt, sandwiches, granola bars, etc. Stuff that I believed was healthy, and for most is, but it was making her ill. I was in complete shock! What now?

A whole new world has been handed to me. I am researching and digging trying to learn. I have decided to take you along with me on this journey. I feel like this is where the blog originated, learning to be more crunchy, and that is exactly where we are now. 

So, I invite you to join me, learn new recipes with me, share your favorites, and pray together as we navigate this world of shopping and cooking for our families! 

Comments

Popular Posts