It's Been Awhile

It has been awhile since I have written. Writer's block is a very real thing. I have sat down several times over the past few months with many different ideas flowing through my brain. I would type out about 3/4 of a post, get interrupted by someone or something, and completely lose my train of thought. I miss writing. I miss getting my thoughts out and sharing our homeschool journey. The problem is the block is very real right now. 
So, I thought that I would try a list, hoping that maybe that would get my juices flowing. Below is a list of things that have happened over the last several months that I have tried (and failed) to share with you:

1. We started Classical Conversations. 
We love our community! I originally looked into CC because we needed some way to stream line our learning. With three different kiddos in three different grades, I was overwhelmed. CC did just that. We now only have reading and math separately. The kiddos are really thriving and adore their tutors and friends!
            -A side note: Popper started Essentials. There is a love/hate relationship with it right now. He loves diagramming sentences and he is a pro at memorizing charts, however he struggles with writing, so that makes the IEW portion a little more frustrating for him.

2. We are still very much a Charlotte Mason family. 
CC has become a guide for our weeks. We take the subjects and find great living books to read along side them. It has helped keep me accountable and give me some kind of guideline to follow. 
           -We are learning so much about key people in American history. I am even reclaiming my education. I have learned so much along side my kids.

3. Our Thanksgiving and Christmas season was busy! 
We had plenty to eat and lots of friends and family time. The kiddos were in a play at our church for Christmas and did a fantastic job! We scaled waaaay back on Christmas this year and really tried to turn our focus to Jesus. It was by far the best year yet for our family.

4. I picked my word for 2018. 
2017 was a year of extreme growth for me. It was hard, but good. Simplicity really was challenging as it affected every aspect of my life. However, there was a point in the year where the simplicity of Who Jesus is and what He did for me really sank in to me in a new, real way!
This year my word is PEACE! 
Psalm 34:14 (AMP) says "Depart from evil and do good; seek, inquire for, and crave peace and pursue (go after) it!"
My peace has always been in regards to my circumstances. I think this year is going to teach me that my peace should come from Jesus! 


I am excited for 2018! I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do in and through me. Hopefully, after this post, I will be able to write again and start sharing with you our school days again. 😊

Comments

Popular Posts