Introducing: Friday Foodie!

Food. 
It has been such a challenge for me to find yummy food, that my family can enjoy, that are within the bounds of our food allergies. For those of you who don't know, about 2 years ago we found out that 3 of the six people living in our home are gluten sensitive and that another 3 (some overlapping) are allergic to dairy. It was a shock to say the least, one that set me on a journey to relearn how to cook and bake.

These last 2 years have seen their fair share of failed recipes! (I am still searching for a bread recipe that is both affordable and tastes good.) However, along the way, I have branched out to try foods that we would have never tried before. Some of these recipes have become staples in our home and I thought that I would share them with you here once a week.

I feel that I need to also let you know that I have found that increasing plant based foods and limiting my meat intake to 2-3 times a week,has greatly reduced my inflammation and leaves me feeling more energized. That being said, I am in no way a vegan! I actually really love meat, but have learned that self-control is very important for my health and ability to be a mom and wife. The recipes that I will be sharing with you will be a mix of vegan, vegetarian, and traditional dishes that are all gluten and dairy free.


Next week I will begin a Friday Foodie series where I will share a recipe with you that we are trying. I will post honestly: the good, the bad, and the failed (and I am sure there will be fails). I hope that you will join me as I continue to navigate cooking healthy food for my family!

Comments

Popular Posts