Perspective

I am struggling today. After 2 weeks of battling the worst sickness that I have ever dealt with, I am having a time trying to get reorganized and re-motivated. I literally feel like I have lost 2 weeks of my life. Somewhere in the middle of the 104* temperature and coughing, I had a birthday. It passed without me even acknowledging it...and now, I keep forgetting how old I am! For real, I had a moment yesterday where I forgot that it was January. YOU GUYS! This is not a normal feeling for me! I like lists and organization. I like structure and routine. I do not like not knowing what day it is let alone what month! 

Anyway, here I am trying to make sense of my blog and reviews that are upcoming. I know that I had planned so many post ideas, I wrote them down, and they are somewhere in the house...I think if I find them I may have some kind of reminder or pretense of order again. Until then, please excuse my crazy long absence and my short posts. 

I do want so badly to be back writing and sharing on a regular basis, and I will be...eventually. I am realizing that I am going to have to give myself some grace. I can only get so much accomplished in 24 hours. My sweet children have been such an amazing help through this time, and I know that they need some extra mommy time snuggles and love right now as well. Their world, that is usually full of routine, was super disrupted. It will take us all time to reestablish some kind of order to our world. 

It leads me to a question: How do moms, with kiddos in public school, navigate the 2 week holiday break? I know that my kiddos are struggling with the loss of their routine and we aren't super structured. How do children, who are used to the structure of public school, survive the long break? How do their moms? Gives me some perspective, teaches me a little about grace, and makes me grateful that I am finally well enough to get back into the swing of things!

I pray that your holidays were wonderful and that you are all healthy! I'll be back to regular posting soon.

Comments

Popular Posts