A little off topic...

Sunday was a very frustrating day for me. I woke-up to my 2 middle children having allergy attacks. I hate the sound of that croupy cough that they get this time of year. Instinctively, I knew that there would be no church for us on that day. I was disappointed to say the least. You see, we have been church hunting for a little over a year. We just didn't feel 'at home.' However, two weeks ago I met an amazing new friend that introduced us to her church family. It was instant! We felt so welcomed and so loved immediately  I have enjoyed the fellowship and the teaching so much.

However, God in His infinite wisdom already knew that we were going to miss Sunday. The previous week, He had led another new friend to mention that the sermons were available online in case you miss a week. SIGH! I was so relieved!

Last night my Daddy T and I cuddled up with our notebooks and watched as Pastor presented God's truth out of 1 Kings. I never realized just how relevant the teaching of no idols was to me before. As Pastor read from the Word and presented truths about idols in our lives, God revealed to me that I had some in my life. I was able to repent and pray with my husband right then! I am so thankful for grace! I am thankful for an amazing Pastor that speaks truth into my life every Sunday. I am thankful for new friendships forming. But most of all, I am thankful for my God!

Catch the sermon here: http://cedarridgecc.com/video/

Comments

Popular Posts