Answered Prayers




About a week ago my husband and I were at our wits end! We were on a job search for him and had been for almost 3 months. We were exasperated to say the least.  He had filled out over 100 applications and I had e-mailed as many resumes. One night during my Bible reading, God lead me to Psalm 37. It had been my prayer for several months when my granny was in her last days, yet here it was again. In light of a completely different set of circumstances, the scripture was speaking to my heart again. This time it was verse 34 that really jumped off the page at me, "Wait for and expect the Lord and keep and head His way,..." (AMP) I had always read the 'wait for' part, but that night the 'expect the Lord' part grabbed me! I changed the way that I prayed that night. I told God that I trusted Him to place Daddy T in the perfect job and that I was expecting Him to move on our behalf.

Fast-forward a week and my husband now has a phenomenal career in sales. On top of that his boss is a Godly Christian man! All it took was a little faith. I have learned to wait on the Lord more this year than ever before. So often I am quick to jump ahead of Him and make my own way when He is 'taking too long' by my books. This morning before work T was looking for a tie pin to wear. I inherited a some of my granny's jewelry so I looked to see if I had something that he could use. I found a small pin with an eagle on it. It had Isaiah 40:31 on it. I immediately pulled out my Bible.
"But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] 
shall change and renew their strength and power;
 they shall mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; 
they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired." (AMP)

Wow! What a promise! I needed this reminder this morning! This nugget of truth that my God is able! Praise the Lord for answered prayers and for keeping His promises!

I would love to hear how the Lord has blessed you lately!

In Him,
Michelle

Comments

Popular Posts