Let the Lessons Begin!



















That's right! It was the 1st day of school in our house today! The boys were so excited to get started back up again.

We started out discussing our Bible theme for the week. "God's Word is a Treasure." (check out Motherhood on a Dime to see full curriculum). We talked about what explorers needed when looking for a treasure and made our own pair of binoculars.

They had a blast! We will be using these all year to do exploring activities. (yes, I am aware that I may have to make new ones)

Next, we discussed that God's Word is a treasure. We talked about how pirates bury their treasure. 
Our verse this week is Psalm 119:11 
"Your word have I hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You."

I told them that we too were going to hide out treasure! 
They liked the idea of how safe our treasure would be. 

(it's a little hard to see, but here is our map.)

We made a map that will document our journey in finding treasure. We will be adding small pictures to help us remember each weeks lesson.
This week our picture is a Bible.

The boys really enjoyed today. We went on to do the rest of our school work, but I would have to say that this is our favorite part! If you have a little one, you should definitely check it out!




Comments

Popular Posts