Scheduled Days Keep the Blues Away!

I have never been a fan of schedules. I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-and-pray-they-don't-fall-off kinda girl! That was before I had a child with sensory processing sensitivities. Now, I am learning that a day without at least a rough schedule is a nightmare! C needs the security of knowing what the day holds and what is coming next. During the summer I tend to get off track a little with this and wonder why he is acting out. DUH! So, here I sit once again planning a loose schedule to get us through the days without meltdowns.

With school starting it only makes sense that I make a new schedule now. I sat down at my computer, with lesson plans in tow, to try and construct one....I found myself browsing Facebook. I hate schedules! They are so constricting! I know that I would benefit from a little structure as well, especially since I have started blogging again, and I am now homeschooling 2 kids instead of one. Reluctantly, I am back to trying to get one put together.
D C
7:00  Breakfast & family Devotional time
7:30  Get dressed & morning chores
8:00  Bible Time
8:15  Memory Verse Work
8:30  Bible Theme and Story/craft
9:00  Daily Activity*
9:30  Busy Bags Sight Word/Spelling
10:00  Shape/Color Math
10:30  Letters  Writing
11:00  Group Reading/Journaling
12:00  LUNCH
This is what I have come up with. We will see how well it works for the next 2 weeks and I will revamp it then. It has me waking up at 6 to ensure that I can make breakfast and we can have family Bible time before Daddy T leaves for work (did I mention that I'm not a morning person!?!)
Here's hoping that God will help me through this. Keep me in your prayers as I try to become a better help meet to my husband and mom to my kids! Pray that I can keep a right attitude as well! I am looking forward to the changes just not the process of change. I tend to dig my heels in a little too deep sometimes. I long to be like the Proverbs 31 wife.
verse 14 says "She also rises while it is yet night,
                       And provides food for her household..."

Comments

Popular Posts