Daddy Time

Things have been a little hectic around our place the last week. Daddy T has been working crazy hours and we have seen very little of him. I have had a very rough time dealing with the extended hours and so have the kiddos. Last night I was reduced to tears over the whole situation. I was crying out to God for relief. I was exhausted from taking care of the 3 littles and heartbroken hearing them cry, yet again, at another day without seeing their daddy. With Mr Popper's sensory disorder, it takes a major toll on him when he doesn't have a semi routine. Throw in not seeing Dad in 3 days, you have a breeding ground for nightmarish meltdowns. Needless to say, I was at my breaking point.

 I put the kids in bed around 730. At 8, when Dad finally made it home, the boys were still awake. He went in for some kisses and hugs. He quickly returned  to the living room with both boys in tow and a very mischievous grin on his face. He told me that he wanted to take the boys for ice cream. About that time Sister heard her daddy's voice and decided that she needed to join in the fun.

We quickly changed clothes and loaded up. We went to have ice cream at 9 pm! Even though it wasn't how I had expected it, the Lord has heard my cries and answered my prayers!


The kids loved it!
 They thought it was so cool that they got a special treat 
and special daddy time!




Comments

Popular Posts