My Favorite Christmas Song!

There are so many Christmas songs to choose from. Many people change favorites every year. My husband likes them all. Me? I have a few that I love dearly and look forward to every year, but my favorite song, that's easy!...

Christmas, Carols, Mary Did You Know, Pentatonix



"Mary Did You Know?"



It makes me really think. I sends me to a place of awe. 

Once I had boys of my own the reality of what Mary was dealing with, what God chose her to do...I can't imagine! 
There are a few of the lyrics that really get me, and I would like to share with you my heart.



"Mary did you know that your Baby Boy 
would save our sons and daughters?"



We all think that our children are special. We try not to compare them with other children, though sometimes we fail. Can you imagine knowing that you child's purpose in life would be to save those other children?




"Did you know that your Baby Boy 
has come to make you new?

This Child that you delivered 
will soon deliver you?"


I can't imagine the power of that thought! Put yourself in Mary's shoes, this baby boy that you just carried for 9 months and delivered after who knows how many hours, is going to be the one that makes you new!



"Did you know that your Baby Boy 
has walked where angels trod?

When you kiss your little Baby, 
you've kissed the face of God?"


Okay, seriously! This is more than my mommy/human heart can even begin to take in! I have no words! Only an awe struck moment, an image of that special moment when Mary held her Baby for the first time. Just like every other mom. She leans over and kisses that sweet little chubby face. She allows Him to wrap His tiny fingers around her pinky and stares into her eyes. ***SIGH***

What about when she nursed her sweet Baby? Those special bonding moments that moms spend with their precious babies in the wee hours of the night. Was she aware of just what the future held for her Little One?


"Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy 
is Lord of all creation?"



Baffled yet again. He created you! That's a crazy thought! This little One that you just carried in your body for 9 months, that your body supported and allowed to grow, actually created you and chose you! 



"Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy
 is heaven's perfect Lamb? 

The sleeping Child your holding 
is the great I Am?"


'heaven's perfect Lamb' that makes me tear up. To know that my baby was going to be the sacrificial lamb! Did she know? Did she have any idea what God had planned? 



When God called she answered. She was a mom just like you and I. I'm sure she had dreams and plans for her children just like we do. Can you imagine her heart, her thoughts, or how about her prayers?



Those are the thoughts that come to my mind every time I hear this song. With these and the ones that you are having now, I invite you to enjoy my favorite version of this song:







I pray that you have a blessed Christmas. Enjoy the small moments with your babies and families! 

Merry Christmas!!!

Comments

Popular Posts