Saying "I'm Sorry"

sorry, submission, help-meet


God calls me to be submissive to my husband, and I'm still learning how this works. I'm still searching. I still make mistakes. Recently, I made a rather large one. I had to learn to resubmit and ask for forgiveness from Daddy T.

I have a very dominate type-A personality. I tend to jump in head first even when God places warning signs in my way. I am learning, but sometimes (cough-cough) I can be a bit stubborn!

A few months ago, I was introduced to a new idea. It was intriguing. I liked the idea. I liked some of the stuff that went with the idea. Naturally, I began to dive-in. My husband told me, in a very loving and careful way, that the idea was not a good one. He told me that he didn't like the idea at all and that I needed to be careful.

Did I listen to his wisdom and warning? NO, of course not. I preceded to dive-in head first. In doing so, I hurt several people along the way. 

God brought me to my knees through a series of events that seemed devastating at the time.  I spent several days on my knees searching out truth. Once I realized just how much I had screwed things up, I repented to God. I can't tell you how thankful I am that I have such a forgiving Father. I mess up a lot. I am so thankful for His unconditional love for me.

The next part was the hardest. I needed to ask for my husband's forgiveness. I knew that I had wronged him. I knew that I had hurt him and my family by ignoring his warnings. 
Sometimes, the apology is the hardest part. However, the release of guilt when someone says that they forgive you is so worth it. 

The conversation wasn't easy. I wasn't even sure where to start. I said a silent prayer for courage and began. I poured my broken heart out to my husband. I thanked him for his wisdom and asked him for forgiveness for ignoring it. He forgave me. Even though I knew that he would, it was still a difficult conversation. I had to humble myself, which is never fun. 

The end result was worth the pain. I restored my relationship with both my God and my husband! Things are back in their rightful order. 

If you have ignored God or your husband in someway, I challenge you to take the next step. Get alone with God. Allow Him to forgive you. He's there waiting, longing for that renewed relationship with you again. Then go to your husband. Ask for his forgiveness as well. It does wonders for your relationship when you acknowledge his position in your life. I promise you won't regret it!


Comments

Popular Posts