Veritas Bible- A TOS Review

For the last 6 weeks we have been given the opportunity to review VeritasBible.com by Veritas Press. We received a One Year Family Membership which provides access to 3 different courses: 
*Genesis to Joshua
*Judges to Kings
*the Gospels
There are 2 more courses coming soon: Chronicles to Malachi and Acts to Revelation. 
Each course has 128 lessons in it making for a full year of learning! That means that you have access to over 300 lessons for the family. The family membership also allows you to add different profile for each child in your home. This way each one can work at their own pace.


Old and New Testament Online Self-Paced Bible Veritas Review

When we began the program there were intro pages that were very easy to follow and showed the kiddos how to move through each level. They explained what was require of them to pass each level and move on to the next.



The one thing that I did not like about this was that you had to go through these pages every time you opened it both on the computer and on our iPad. The kiddos would get very frustrated. I think an app on the iPad or Android market could make this much easier. I found that loading it before calling them to work on their lesson reduced frustration levels. 

I started by making Popper, Brother Bear, and Sister their own profiles. 


Sister wanted to be the first one to try out the new program. It did not take long to realize that this was waaaay too advanced for her or Brother Bear to work through on their own. There is far too much reading required for preschool and kindergarten kiddos. There were several times that I had to help Popper with words.I think that a button to read the question out loud would be great for younger kids. 

I moved onto Popper who preferred to use the iPad to complete his lessons.



I loved that it required him to get out his Bible and search for answers. He really enjoyed the song to help with the timeline memorization. I can say that it might have been easier if I had purchased the timeline cards for him to help supplement his learning. 


The animation was very bright and colorful. Overall, I thought the program was well put together.


There were games that helped Popper remember the different facts that he needed to remember for the quizzes. Everything was set up in such a way to keep my 7-year-old attentive.


The videos introduce us to a brother and sister, Abigail and Asher. They are the ones that teach and lead the kiddos through the lessons. Even Brother Bear and Sister loved to watch this part of the lesson. I, however, had a really hard time with this part. They try to make it comical by having the siblings make fun of one another. They banter back and forth with unkind words that I simply do not allow in our house!
I used this as a training time for my kiddos to remind them that Jesus called us to be kind and love one another. I was really disappointed by this! After a while Popper began to notice the banter and was saddened by the way they were treating each other as well.

My other main concern was that in order to pass each level and move on your child must score a 70% or better. This doesn't sound awful when worded that way. However, when we realized that meant he could not miss ANY problems or he would get a 68%, Popper became frustrated with the program and cried over our Bible time. Since we are all about funschooling and Bible time is the last place that I want them to be frustrated or overwhelmed, I took over the lessons from there. I walked my children through each lesson to ensure proper conversations about how to treat each other and to make sure that we all understood and could answer all the questions correctly on the quiz to move on to the next level.

I am very sad that this was not a good fit for our family. I was impressed by the animation and the accuracy of the lessons. The kiddos loved the characters, games, and songs. I just think that my kiddos are a bit young for this program.

You can find Veritas Press online:
Facebook
Pinterest
Instagram
Twitter


You can find more reviews on this and the Self-Paced Bible from the Crew by clicking the link below:

Old and New Testament Online Self-Paced Bible Veritas Review

Comments

Popular Posts