A Morning of Change!

If you have read many of my posts, you know that I am NOT a morning person. This next statement may come as a surprise to you, but...

Mornings have become my favorite time of the day!!!
Don't get me wrong, I still have a hard time getting up early. I still drag the first few hours that I am awake. I think the change is that I am learning to enjoy that time. Those moments when it's calm in our world before the phone starts ringing, dishes need washing, and our school day begins. Those precious moments have become more valuable to me then I ever thought possible!



Sister finds her way into my room for our morning snuggles.We talk about our dreams and make our plans for the day ahead. I know that these moments are fleeting and so I soak up every minute of them. It isn't long before she gets hungry and restless and moves on to the next thing, but in this moment, even as brief as it may be, I get her all to myself! 


After making breakfast for the kiddos, I grab my cup of coffee and escape to my bedroom where I get to spend some quiet time. This is one of the few times when the kiddos are allowed to watch cartoons throughout the day. It gives me the liberty to spend some precious moments in my Bible and talking to my Father! 
I know that my quiet time doesn't have to happen in the morning. I know that the point is the just spend time with Jesus. I am just finding that more and more I need to start my day with Him. I need to be reminded of who I am, Who He is, and that I need Him every minute of every day! Now that my kiddos are getting older and allowing me this special time, I am realizing just how much I need it!!!

Our days are busy, filled to the brim with activities. I love every minute of my days at home with my kiddos! I cannot imagine it any other way. I am also learning that if I start my day right, the rest of the day just seems almost easier. I have more love and patience when I start the day remembering the love and patience that my Father has with me!

Comments

Popular Posts