Veritas Press- A Homeschool Crew Review



I love finding new ways to help Sister continue to learn her letters. I was thrilled to discover that we were chosen to review the Phonics Museum App from Veritas Press


Veritas Press Phonics Museum

The Phonics Museum App uses a multi-sensory approach to teach children ages 3-7 how to read. It was developed by Classical Education leaders and like the title suggests uses a museum as its location.  Because of our recent transition to Classical Education, I was excited to learn that it uses history and fine arts as well as phonics to teach reading and engage the students! It's like classical meets technology, a bit of an oxymoron, but effective for my Crunchy Kiddo!



Veritas Press Phonics Museum

In the beginning Sister was able to create her own avatar that traveled through the museum to discover and learn. She was introduced to two very fun characters named Miss Biddle, the museum curator, and Percival, a knight from one of the museum exhibits. Miss Biddle became a favorite because of her quirky fun personality. Sister loved her! I liked that she was animated during the games and songs (the extras) but was a live person during the lessons. I think that helped Sister to take her more seriously and know when the important stuff was happening.


Veritas Press Phonics Museum

There are games throughout that are both engaging and educational. My favorite part was that Sister didn't actually realize that by 'playing' she was reinforcing the phonics that she had just been taught. I think her favorites were the songs. She is always singing! Since music is a major part of her world, the songs seem to help the concepts 'stick' better.


Veritas Press Phonics Museum

One thing I learned from teaching my boys to read was as soon as they were able to read a book, their learning really took off. They loved the new found skill and couldn't wait to learn more! With that in mind, I was pleased to find that Phonics Museum was designed in a way that children can read their first book in as little as four weeks. I think this is a great confidence builder that helps the student keep learning.  Sister is learning to read slower than the boys did. I also realize that she is showing interest much younger than her brothers. She is enjoying the process! She enjoys her new found knowledge of letters and phonics and will be mastering it all before I know it!

I think this app is a great addition to any family that is trying to teach a child to read. It is a great way to make learning enjoyable! I know that I enjoy teaching more when my children are enjoying the learning process. Even though we have switched to Classical Education, I still want my kiddos to learn to love learning, and I think the Phonics Museum App is a great way to help enforce that with Sister and her learning to read! 


Phonics Museum App is available on iTunes.   


Veritas Press

You can connect with Veritas Press online:

Facebook
Pinterest
Instagram
Twitter


Other members of the Crew received an annual membership to Phonics Museum as well. You can read all about how their experiences by clicking the link below:



Phonics Museum App {Veritas Press Reviews}


Crew Disclaimer

Comments

Popular Posts