Who Am I?

I had an amazing weekend! I felt so great when I went to bed last night. I had spent the entire day soaking up God's word at church, Sunday school, and small group. I felt ready for the new week to start, and then it did! I try really hard not to complain about Mondays. I am coming to the conclusion that Mondays are hard because, after spending an entire day learning and having our faith built up, we make goals for the week. That, my friends, is when Satan chooses to attack. At least that seems to be the case in my world.
This week is no different. I have spent most of today being spiritually attacked. I am learning to lean on God more than I ever have.
During my reading I had a whole new thought about 'expecting God' like it says in Psalms 37 and Isaiah 40. Who am I, that I should expect anything of God? I am a sinner. I fail everyday. I prayed on this for a while. I was still wrestling with this in my heart when my husband called me on his break. I explained to him where my heart was and what I was dealing with. Praise the Lord for giving my husband the words for me this morning. He very lovingly explained that my definition of expecting was wrong! That it was a faith kind of expecting and that is what God expected of me!
I hadn't thought of it that way. It allowed me to pray in a whole new way this morning. I am still praying through this process, but I am now aware of a humble expectancy of my Father. And so I wait, leaning on Him, expecting Him to move on my behalf, and trusting that His ways are higher than and so much better than mine!

Are you waiting for Him to move on your behalf? I would love to pray with you about it!

Have a listen at this song by Casting Crowns!

Comments

Popular Posts