Reminding Me He is in Charge


Wow, what an amazing Father I have! He has arranged things in my favor yet again! I have always been a worrier. I would search for things to worry about. So, when Daddy T came home saying that he got a job at the car dealership, you can bet my anxiety hit the roof! Then, as I shared here, God gently reminded me that He was in control. That this was an answer to our prayer.  Things should be great now, right?
That is how it should be, but it's not. Somewhere along the way, I lost focus. I forgot that God gave us this job and that He was going to work it all out. Instead, I was filled with worry and dread. I was constantly wondering if Daddy T was going to sell enough cars to make the bills that we had, not to mention groceries and diapers. I was making life miserable for myself, my children, and most of all for my husband. He was working so hard for our family, and rather than be an encouragement to him, I was complaining to him about the hours he was working.
Last week, I again picked up Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I began to read yet again about the attacks that Satan wages on our minds. Today, I got to the chapter on worrying. *SIGH*  I wanted to put the book down before I even finished the first page, by the time I got to the second page I knew that this was exactly what I needed to hear. Third page, I was laying the book down for a moment to cry out in repentance to God over my behavior.
As I finished the chapter, I resolved to keep a better check on my attitude. I know that the journey is not over. I am aware that it is a day-by-day, moment-by-moment of 'casting my cares,' but I also know that His grace is sufficient. I know that I can overcome the negativity and worrying! I will be joyful and thankful!

Comments

  1. Oh, I understand this too well! My husband is starting a business, and it's so stressful wondering if it will work? Will there be enough money? I decided to trust my husband by trusting God to take care of us. But it isn't easy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts